Rabu, 25 November 2020 | 05:48 WIB

Visit our social media :
Home / Transportation / Ports
Senin, 16 November 2020 19:49

Terminal Teluk Lamong Ensures Operation Run Normally after MV Mentari Crystal Incident

Ayu Puji
(repro)

SURABAYA -

President Director of PT Terminal Teluk Lamong Faruq Hidayat ensures that operational services at the port terminal are running normally, following the MV Mentari Crystal wrecked incident on Sunday (15/11) night.

"There are several steps we have carried out to normalize operations at our terminal. Shortly after the incident we immediately evacuated the crew members and MV Mentari Crystal containers, the next step was to arrange and adjust the ship berthing service scheme to ensure that the service continues to run normally," Faruq explained at a press conference, Monday (16/11).

Head of Tanjung Perak Main Port Authority Office Arif Toha added, although the incident occurred quickly, thanks to the good cooperation and collaboration by TTL with related stakeholders, the incident was immediately resolved and service operations at the terminal were running well shortly.

"Thanks to the preparedness and fast coordination carried out by TTL, the service can run normally again and the logistics distribution continues to run smoothly. Hopefully, the evacuation handling can be carried out well," Arif Toha said on the same occasion.

Meanwhile, the Harbormaster of Tanjung Perak Sudiono conveyed that his office current focus is to ensure shipping security is maintained and logistics flows run smoothly.

As for the cause of the incident, his office together with National Transportation Safety Committee (NTSC) will dispatch a team to collect data and information on the cause of the incident.

"Our focus right now is how to keep shipping at the Port of Tanjung Perak uninterrupted, apart from that we also ensure that environmental pollution does not occur as a result of this incident," Sudiono explained.

One of the steps taken was to install an oil boom at the scene, especially as many as 18 crew members could be saved from unwanted events. He hopes that a similar incident will not be happened in the future.

Chairman of Indonesia National Shipowners’ Association (INSA) Surabaya Chapter Stenvens Handry Lesawengen appreciated the quick and compact response from KSOP and TTL to overcome the incident and coordination that had been carried out with other container terminals in Tanjung Perak.

"We appreciate the fast steps taken by TTL after the incident, starting from evacuating the crew and containers to localizing the location, this quick step has allowed other ships to continue operating," Stenvens said.

Anthony Sunardi S. as the representative of MV Mentari Crystal owner emphasized that his company will be fully responsible for carrying out the evacuation process of its vessels as soon as possible to avoid operational disruption at the terminal.

"We will try to evacuate our ship as quickly as possible so that it does not interfere with service at TTL," he stressed. (hlz/hlz)


Komentar